For those who didn’t get a chance to read the school newsletter this week, here’s the latest P&C News…
Hi families – can you believe the 2021 school year is nearly over!
Water fun day!
Our popular Water Fun Day will be on Tuesday 14 December.
VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED
We’re still looking for volunteers for the water fun day! This can not run without support from our community so please let us know if you can help on the day! Sessions are between 9:45 and 1:30, come and join in the fun.
Email Lesley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming canteen event
Parents will be happy to hear that the order cutoff of 8am on the day is here to stay!
After a successful Pie/sausage roll, chips and flavoured milk lunch order day this week, we have 1 final canteen event for the year. All orders must be placed on Flexischools.
- Tuesday 14 December is Water fun day lunch pack! – Buy a water fun day lunch pack with a sausage sandwich, icy pole and watermelon. These will be available via SPECIAL ORDER.
If you have an hour or two spare between 9am and 11:30am please contact email@example.com, Bonnie would really love to have some help with preparation
NOTE: With the exception of Water Fun Day, our canteen will be CLOSED for Week 11.
Uniform shop update
Planning for next year? Get in early and place your orders using our order form today.
Our AGM is scheduled for Tuesday 15 February 7.30pm. Details to come early next year! All roles will be available and ready for you to add your own touch. We invite all parents to consider contributing to our committee in 2022.
There are lots of different roles to fill, most requiring no skills or experience (except perhaps being a green thumb if you are interested in the Gardens & Grounds Coordinator). You will find we have lots of roles on our team, this helps spread the load across more people
Volunteering for the P&C is rewarding and the children just love seeing their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles helping out. Regardless of how much time you have to give there are always plenty of ways you can help either on a regular basis or just as a one off. We encourage and welcome any and all involvement from our families. Check out https://www.lathampandc.org.au/volunteer/ for more ways you can volunteer with us,
Seeking Treasurer for 2022
Sadly, this year we will be saying farewell to our treasurer Tarin O’Connor. In order to ensure continuity, we are seeking expressions of interest for this position. The treasurer manages the financial aspect of the P&C including the income and expenditure resulting from fundraising, the canteen and the uniform shop. The position won’t formally start until next year after the AGM it is imperative this position is filled, without it we may not be able to offer canteen services. All training is provided so if you’re interested in learning more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A huge thank you to our amazing volunteers and school community for supporting our P&C through another tough fundraising year. Our achievements would not have been possible without your amazing contributions!
|2021 Achievements |
– Our committee updated the Latham P&C Constitution and created a handbook for future committees.
– We won two funding proposals worth $20 000 and $1000.
– We fed many hungry mouths during Breaky Club (when COVID allowed).
– We hosted a movie night and coordinated a bunch of amazing canteen fun days.
– We ran two raffles (Easter and $1000).Latham Primary P&C Association website (lathampandc.org.au) went live.
– We organised a Parents and Carers’ Day stall for Mothers Day and gifted presents for Principal’s day and World Teachers day.
– We donated $100 to ReachOut.
– We coordinated and cancelled a disco and Father’s Day events.
– We’ve added IOU/donation functions to Flexischools for the canteen.
– We survived COVID!
Upcoming goals for 2022…
– Our new community hub will be named and officially opened.
– We will launch our online uniform shop and a family local business directory on our website.
Latham Primary School 50 year celebration – what can our P&C do to celebrate?
– Latham P&C Committee 2021 #Lathamcan https://www.lathampandc.org.au/